Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Be Careful of The Stones You Throw

I was inspired to write this:

Sometimes we as human beings tend to bring those past issues in our lives or the lives of others up so we can forever have something to gossip about. But i was told that when Jesus spoke to the woman that was caught in adultery, he asked her "Woman, where are your accusers?" she looked around and there were none. Even though she was guilty of the crime as with others that were with her, Jesus said, "Go thy way and sin no more" Now I'm sure all of us that walk the face of the earth in this life has done more or some of the same stuff that the woman did. We sometimes fall so deep into sin and think that there is no hope of ever stopping, but that's what the enemy wants us to think. I am so glad that Jesus loves enough to stretch forth his hand and compels us to come to him. Oh yes, we can come out of the mess we've fallen into. Someone might ask,"Well, how does He compel us to come?". My answer to that is when we attend church on a regular basis, the word that's being spoken through the man or woman of God tells us that we can change and be made whole, delivered, and set free. Sometimes what we're in seems so good and pleasurable and satisfying, that we don't want to let go. Oh yes, I have been there, but I had to want to do right, and when I heard the word of God and its convicting power, I repented and God heard my cry. He changed my desires and set me free. You might ask the question were you ever tempted again? Yes, I was, and each time I had to cry out to God and ask him to help me! Each time it got easier as I became stronger. Someone might say I wonder what sin did she do? Well, my sisters and brothers, it doesn't matter because sin is sin, which takes me back to the title "Be careful of the stones you throw" You see if a person told you all they were delivered from, some of it might bless you; some of it can cause you to use it against that individual-what God has already delivered them from. They told you so that you can know that God is a deliverer, but yet you gossip and bring things up, point fingers, and whisper to others when it was told to you for you to be set free of what holds you captive. We as children of God should remember He said, "go into the highways and hedges and compel men to come!" And when they do, we that are in Christ must be ready to receive them with love and be prayed up so we can help get them delivered through the word of God! Now some "stones" are gossiping, backbiting, repeating those things that were told to you in confidence, holding things in our heart against one another, and getting more and more in bondage. Causing confusion, showing favoritism, jealousy, etc.- these things need to be done away with if we are to please God and walk in a way that we can help others and see the change when it comes about. At this time, we can't afford to waste time because we're on a battlefield, and we have to fight hard to win. The enemy is not going to give up and neither should we. The word says that we are "the light of the world, a city that sits on a hill that cannot be hidden." In my conclusion, let us love one another as Christ loved us; let us run this race with patience always praying for one another, and run swiftly to do the work of the lord.

Written by Sharon Curry
copyright (c) 2008 all rights reserved
no portion of these words of ministry to be reproduced, copied, or sold for profit without expressed written consent

No comments: